Friday 23 January 2015

Of Chats,Cats and Meows???!?

It’s precisely 2:07am. I am here in my chalet typing on my laptop. My chalet mate is sleeping soundly. Our aircond is blasting at full fanspeed. What I am about to tell you all will remain a secret if this is ever seen…                                            

OKAY…ahahahhaa, I know what you guys must be thinking and let me just clarify this. I will not be writing a ghost story. Haha. :P

Sometimes, I lie on my bed having bouts of insomnia. Thoughts about anything just keep replaying over and over in my head. Thoughts…exactly what I don’t need at this specific period of time. But, I just had this thought. It’s a reflection really. Or it could be a thought.

Either ways, it has to get of my head so I am typing it out on my laptop. My chaletmate is sleeping soundly….. HAHAHA, no! I am so not writing a 
ghost story.

Alright, recently, my friend introduced me to this new social app. Meowchat, <<< weird name much? Anyways, how it works is basically this. You create a profile, state your interests, post some photos for other users to view and look for new friends around the world. The rather cool thing about this app is you can tap on a button to randomly bring you to online users so you may start chatting with them. If they aren’t interested, just skip and find another user.

Okay. So, it was pretty addicting the first few days. Meeting new people from different countries and having simple conversations can be pretty gladdening.

Like any normal conversation on a social network, it is common to not be able to carry forward the next day. Why? Well, either you have run out of things to say. (I mean come on, it’s a social app, you cannot be too personal about exposing yourself to a complete stranger right?) or the user has found himself/herself another user to talk to.

This, of course, makes a hopeful user feeling down if he/she wanted to continue…..

My friend has a catchy phrase when a conversation on Meowchat lasts only for a day. He calls these chats One Night Stands. Thinking about it, it’s actually pretty lame. Lol.

How a one night stand works (ON MEOWCHAT THAT IS)
1)    Find a user
2)    Begin simple conversations
3)    Advise him/her about goals in their life
4)    Or just continue talking about anything
5)    Conversations last only a night
6)    Yea, that is about it.



I have thought about this.

We all look for friends. We need them. They uplift us. Push us to our limits and all in all, make us a better person than yesterday.

But sometimes, there are times when we feel a little down in our lives or we are inspired to tell new people new dreams. All we need is just a little motivation from more people to go forth with these dreams. Or a little comforting when the times get rough. And that’s is exactly where Meowchat comes in.

The way I see it, as countless of random chats are ongoing everyday, there has got to be a few that involves encouragement, inspiration, a shoulder to lean on, or just a booth to vent out feelings.

And these are chats that help people, give them the extra push to go forth with dreams.

So, don’t feel down when you cannot pursue a “two-night stand”, be happy with the one-night stand. To listen to people should be a privilege, not a burden.

We all meet people for a reason. But to leave a person feeling inspired is one of the best things you can do for someone. 

It’s precisely 2:46am. O wait, it just turned 2:47am. And my mind is calm, writing helps. Until I hear tapping near my window pane. I eyed my window, nothing is there. And that was when I realise the tapping sounds came from me typing words on my laptop.

Like I said, I won’t write a ghost story.




No comments:

Post a Comment